Thursday, 5 July 2012

Day 1

What a great first class! Although I felt that I was great with using the iPad, I have learned so much, and am confident that I will learn even more. Its amazing what this thing can do! Its so universal and and you can literally do ANYTHING! There should be a class on just how to use the thing!

I think that my FAVOURITE part of the day was learning about Pic Collage. I love, love, love taking photos and everything about them, so this was right up my ally. Not only do I think its great for me personally, but there are so many great things Pic Collage can be used for in classrooms.


1.     Journals/blogs
2.     Book Responses
3.     Sequences of a Story
4.     Creating Stories
5.     Make a Puzzle
6.     Visual Schedules
7.     Biographies
8.     Letter home to parents about the day

Here is mine. This is my dog Henry and a few of my favourite shots of him.






New Terms Learned:

1) UDL – Universal Design for Learning- Something that is designed for everyone and meets every different type of learning styles needs.
2)convergence of technologies
3) Disruptive Technologies- A technology that comes in and takes over all other technolgies. Everyone wants an iPad or anything Apple. PC what??


What do I see for the future?
I see technology completely taking over, even more so than it has now. All schools will have iPads or iPod touches and handouts will be GONE. 


Cool Apps I was introduced to today: (not just for school but for ME too :)

  • Pic Collage
  • Make Dice

Excited for tomorrow to learn more about what I can do with technology in my classroom and how I can make things more exciting and fun for the kids... as well as include every student!

No comments:

Post a Comment